It’s essential to protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays each day and to make sure you’re using the right products. So, I’m going to tell you everything you need to know about a sunscreen product and which are the best ones to use.
First, a few basic point you need to know before buying a sunscreen.
- Considering the Indian climate we need to use an SPF( Sun Protection Factor) of at least SPF 50+ and if you plan to go swimming make it a higher value SPF.
- Application of the sunscreen comes after you apply your moisturizer.
- Reapply every two hours, especially if you’re travelling around the city.
- Must carry it with you anywhere you go for re application.
- Using a Lip balm an SPF included!!
- Stay hydrated throughout the day. (Sip,Sip,Sip)
- Never forget to apply the sunscreen all around your neck and behind the ears.
- Always carry a pair of sunglasses or cap / Umbrella.
What happens if you avoid using a sunscreen ?
You’ll burn like a vampire does! Okay, eliminating the theatrics. You will definitely cause some permanent damage to your skin. As sun damages can lead to early wrinkling, dark spots and uneven skin tone.
Why do we need a higher SPF value?
Basically, the value indicates how long we can stay out in the sun. For instance, SPF 50+ is multiplied by the maximum duration, say 10 minutes so it’s
10 minutes* SPF 50= 500 minutes ( duration to stay in sun before it starts to burn)
Best Sunscreen For Indian Summer
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock.
This one is my personal choice and favourite. It has a high SPF 50+ & 70+ and also comes in travel size pack(easy to carry). It blends in the skin very well and is waterproof !
2. L’oreal Paris UV Perfect
Contains SPF 50+ with a slight scent in it. Make sure you blend it well in your skin to avoid any white cakey layer. It has a very nice sheen look after application and works well on dry skin. It lasts for 12 hour with UV protect.
3. Avene (High Protection) Lotion
This sunscreen provides hydrating quality which is excellent for our skin during the summers. It is great for people with sensitive skin and it has a high protection level. It perfect to carry along for a beach vacation.
4. Lotus Herbals UV Screen Matte Gel
This sunscreen comes in a gel form and has a nice matte finish. With SPF 40 and non greasy look, it works best for oily skin. Blend / rub it well into your skin and reapply every 2 hours.
You can read one of my previous articles on Summer Essential.
Until next post,