October is almost here and I don’t know if i’m happy about it or not..But something I’m happy about is the return of the classic British weaves ! Yes, This fall 2013 is all about checks and tartan patterns. If you believe that these fabrics are only to be worn to school then well it’s time for you to grow up. This trend has been spotted on many runway of designers like 3.1 Phillip Lim,Marc by Marc Jacobs,Clements Ribeiro,Celine,Pero by Aneeth Arora and my fave of all the Moschino.
|Moschino Fall 2013
|Alberta Ferretti Fall 2013
How to wear the trend
- Go minimalist with this trend.
- The lesser accessories(or not at all), the better it looks
- Wear a pretty lace top with a plaid skirt for a 90’s girl-next door look.
- Give more attention to your hair and shoes.
- Pair a tartan top with leather pants or biker jackets for a more grungy look.
- Throw a tartan shirt over a camisole for a casual, street style wear or you can just tie a knot at the hem.
- Wear a tartan pattern sweater over a skater skirt on a cold day for more cozy and stylized element.
- Wear it as an accessory !
- Invest in these pants and pair it with a simple white tee
Dig out your old check shirts and tartan print dresses, this trend is a must-have for this season in your wardrobe!
(P.S as a textile graduate I have to say this that plaid and tartan are not the same !
Plaid is a fabric and tartan is a pattern)
Until next post,